A Feral Fiesta: Corn And Black Bean Salad!



Hey there, feral friends. This week, I'm bringing a little fiesta to our dinner table with some seriously tasty eats. Jerry worked his magic on the smoker, Turing chicken into something absolutely drool-worthy. And you know me- I had to get a little creative, but healthier with the sides!

First, we took that drool-worthy chicken and shredded it up to turn into the ultimate pulled chicken street tacos. Then I made a simple but yummy coleslaw to put on top for the perfect amount of tangy crunch. Of course, no taco night is complete without cilantro lime rice to tie everything together.

But the focus of this post is the amazing Corn and Black Bean Salad!



So first I roasted some corn. This is the same yummy corn from the freezer section that I used in the Cast Iron Elote, (You can find that recipe HERE)


Drain and rinse your black beans. You can absolutely make them from scratch but I took a shortcut this time. But please rinse your can beans, it helps remove some of the sodium.



While the beans are draining and the corn is cooling, I chopped a red bell pepper....



And a bunch of green onions...



Then in a small glass bowl (I forgot to get a picture) I mixed 1/4 cup light olive oil, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, a teaspoon of salt, about 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika, and 1 tsp of cumin. 

Feel free to adjust your seasonings to your taste. I needed a little more lime juice after it sat overnight.

Then everything goes in a bowl for a nice toss. 

You can add your herbs and cheese now or wait till the next day right before serving. But you will need a healthy handful of cilantro chopped, and about 10 ounces of Queso Fresco crumbled. If you can't find queso fresco, feta is a close substitution.



Well there it is. My Corn And Black Bean Salad! I hope you enjoy. If you try it or think of any additions, let me know!

        ColeSlaw                                              Smoked Chicken

 

                           





 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leigh's Lemonade Pie: Sunshine On A Plate

Welcome: Chipotle Ranch Dip

Perfect Chocolate Cake With Caramel Icing